Fix a Leak Week Contest
2013 Fix a Leak Week Contest
We are pleased to announce the winners of our first-ever Fix a Leak Week Contest!
- Grand prize: Jason Ulrich for his video "Finding and Fixing a Leaky Faucet"
- Second prize: Pam Bermudez for her video "Using Kool Aid to Check The Toilet for Leaks"
- Third prize: Clair Tessier for her photo "I Can Fix It!"
See the winning entries on the contest Facebook Page. Thank you to everyone who participated in the contest!
Did you know...?
Approximately 5 to 10 percent of American homes have leaks that drip away 90 gallons of water a day. Many of these leaks reside in old fixtures such as leaky toilets and faucets.
In fact, according to the U.S Environmental Protection Agency the amount of water leaked from U.S. homes could exceed more than 1 trillion gallons per year. That's equivalent to the annual water use of Los Angeles, Chicago, and Miami combined!
Become your own leak detective and enter for a chance to win a $500 grand prize Lowe's gift card!
Contestants are invited to submit photo or video entries that depict themselves or others finding & fixing leaks around their homes with the chance to win a $500, $300, or $200 Lowe’s gift card*.
In order to be eligible to win prizes, winners must receive water from one of the RWPC’s 22 water provider members that serve Clackamas, Multnomah and Washington Counties in Oregon.
Contest Rules, Terms, and Conditions
HOW TO ENTER – SUBMISSION GUIDELINES
- Take a picture or create a video (no longer than 30 seconds) of yourself or someone else finding or fixing leaks.
- Incorporate the Environment Protection Agency’s WaterSense Fix a Leak Week theme “Check, Twist & Replace” into your photo & video entry
- Check for leaks.
- Twist and tighten hose and pipe connections.
- Replace the fixture if necessary.
- Learn more about Fix a Leak Week and get ideas for your photo/video here.
- Submit your photo or video via email. Multiple entries are allowed; however, please only include one entry per email.
- Each submission should include a photo or video and the following information:
- Entry title or caption
- Location the image was taken
- Your full name
- Your home address
- Your email address
- Your phone number
- Employer (if employed)
- Your water provider
- Year you were born
- How you heard about the contest
- Once a photo or video is submitted, it is considered a final submission and may not be modified, edited, or replaced.
- Photo submissions: Photographs must be in digital format. Only emailed entries will be eligible. All files must be 5 megabytes or smaller, at least 72 dpi, and must be in JPEG or JPG format.
- Video submissions: Videos must be in digital format. Only emailed entries will be eligible. All files must be 5 megabytes or smaller and must be in wmv, .mpeg, or .mp4 format.
The Regional Water Providers Consortium’s (RWPC) 2013 Fix a Leak Week Contest will begin on February 4, 2013 and end midnight March 20, 2013. Winners will be contacted via email and announced on the RWPC’s contest webpage and Facebook page on Friday March 22, 2013.
WHO MAY ENTER
Participation is open to anyone 13 years of age or older, however, prizes will only be awarded to Contestants that meet all winner eligibility criteria below.
In order to be eligible to win prizes, winners must:
- Receive water from one of the RWPC’s 22 water provider members that serve Clackamas, Multnomah and Washington Counties in Oregon.
RWPC staff, staff from RWPC member water providers, Metro and current RWPC contractors, Lowe’s and their immediate family members are not eligible to win prizes.
SUBMISSION CONTENT REQUIREMENTS
- All submissions should be submitted by email. Multiple entries are allowed; however, please only include one entry per email.
- All submissions must be received by the RWPC no later than midnight March 20, 2013.
- The person submitting the photo or video will be considered the Contestant and will be the only person eligible to compete for the prize. In order to be eligible to win the prize, you must provide accurate and complete information.
- Once a photo/video is uploaded to the Contest site, it is considered a final submission and may not be modified, edited, or replaced.
- Once a photo/video submission has been accepted for entry into the contest, the contestant’s name may be publically identified at the sole discretion of the RWPC. All contestants have the right to request their name not be publicized in connection with their contest submission. Contestants must inform the RWPC of this wish when registering for the contest.
- Submissions should in some way reflect the theme of the contest, “Check, Twist & Replace” Depicted leaks can be located inside or outside the home.
- Entries must be submitted as described in the “How to Enter” section above. Only complete submissions will be considered.
- Participation in this Contest is automatically deemed acceptance of these Official Contest Rules.
- All submissions must be original content developed by the contestant.
- Photo and video content must be “rated G” and be appropriate for all audiences. Submissions must not contain obscenity, explicit sexual material, nudity, profanity, graphic violence, calls or incitement to violence, commercial solicitation or commercial promotion. Submissions also must not contain content or images that could be considered abusive, inflammatory, denigrating, or disrespectful to the RWPC, its member water providers and Metro, Environmental Protection Agency, or to groups, individuals, or institutions.
- By submitting photograph(s) or video(s) to this contest, contestants retain ownership of their photo(s) or video(s), but grant the RWPC unlimited use of the photo(s) or video(s) and a royalty-free license to copy, distribute, modify, display and otherwise use and authorize others to use the photograph(s) or video(s) for any purpose such as advertising, marketing, promotions, website, etc.
- No commercial content is permitted.
- All entries will be screened by the RWPC Fix a Leak Week Contest Committee which consists of staff from the RWPC and its member water providers.
- Committee members will screen entries to ensure compliance with the official contest rules. The RWPC reserves the right in their sole and absolute discretion to verify in the final analysis whether a potential finalist or potential winning photo or video submission has fully complied with these Official Contest Rules. Submissions are processed Monday – Friday from 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- The Contest Committee members will evaluate the submissions and select contest winners.
- Entrants will be notified via email when their entry is accepted and posted to the RWPC’s Fix a Leak Week Contest Facebook page (URL).
- Originality: The photo or video must be taken by the Contestant.
- Creativity: How imaginative is your photo or video? Does it have a clear message or purpose?
- Effectiveness: Does your photo or video clearly address the theme, “Check, Twist or Replace” An effective photo or video could include a call to action, a water conservation tip, or a demonstration of a specific problem and how it can be addressed.
- Photo or Video Quality: Is your photo or video aesthetically pleasing? Is your entry good quality – remember you don’t have to be a professional to take a great photo or video! Entries should not be blurry, too dark or too light.
Three Contestants will win a Lowe’s gift card*. The grand prize winner will receive a $500 gift card, second place will receive a $300 gift card, and third place will receive a $200 gift card.
Prizes must be picked up from the RWPC office within two weeks of the winners being announced. In order to redeem prizes, winners must present their current photo identification to RWPC staff at the time that their prize is redeemed.
If a winner is between the ages of 13 and 17 years of age, s/he must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian in order to redeem her/his prize, and the parent or legal guardian must present her/his current photo identification at the time that the prize is redeemed.
Regardless of who redeems the prize, the address on the photo identification should match that of the winning entry’s address.
* Lowe’s gift cards were generously donated by Lowe’s.
RIGHT TO CANCEL OR SUSPEND CONTEST
If for any reason the Contest is not capable of running as planned, including without limitation, infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Contest, the RWPC reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to cancel, modify or terminate the Contest.
The RWPC reserve the right to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the Contest, as appropriate, including due to any other reason beyond the control of the RWPC.
Contact us via email or call (503) 823-7528.