Each year, the Consortium conducts several public outreach campaigns annually that focus on conservation, source water protection and emergency preparedness.
The Consortium conducts two conservation-focused campaigns - the indoor campaign that highlights simple actions we all can take to use water wisely in our homes, and the outdoor campaign which occurs in the summer and focuses on how to use water efficiently on our landscapes and other outdoor activities when our water supplies are at their lowest.
This year, the Consortium is partnering with Clean Rivers Coalition on a year-long television source water protection television campaign which starts July 2019 and runs through June 2020. The Clean Water. It's Our Future campaign highlights seasonal tips that we all can take to protect our region's most precious resource - water!
The Consortium also runs a four-week emergency preparedness-focused campaign in September that focuses providing important information on how to store and treat water in case of a large-scale emergency.
Outdoor multimedia campaign with several television and radio partners (May 18-August 31, 2019)
KATU (channel 2)
- Ads: Ad1, Ad2, Ad3, Ad4
- AM Northwest: Is Your Watering System Ready for Its Summer Workout?; 5 Tips to help you use water wisely this summer
- Afternoon Live: Is Your Watering System Ready for Its Summer Workout?
- Weekend morning news: Tips for using water wisely this summer
- Evening news: Tips for new home owners with irrigation systems
- 5 Tips for Using Water Wisely This Summer
- Water Wisely This Summer with The Weekly Watering Number
- Tips for Updating Your Sprinkler System to Make It More Water Efficient
"Clean Water. It's Our Future." campaign
Children's Clean Water Festival
The Consortium co-sponsored the day-long Festival which was attended by more than 1,400 fourth graders on April 30, 2019 at Portland Community College's Sylvania Campus.